- Additional Details
- Format: Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 12 Hours 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: July 17, 2008
The record-setting Matyiko Brothers race against time to transport a 900-ton building to a new location.
- A step-by-step look at the challenging work of moving structures.
- Watch as industry heavyweights the Matyiko Brothers tackle two challenging projects.
- See how a 900-ton building is lifted from its foundations for a delicate journey across town.
The Matyiko brothers are a legendary MEGA MOVER family. Their company--Expert House Movers--entered the record books when they moved the historic Gem Theatre in Detroit, the Schubert Theatre in Minneapolis, and the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse.
In this hour, our cameras follow the brothers up and down the East Coast as they tackle two tricky projects. In Massachusetts, the clock is ticking to move a 900-ton brick building to its new location. Any delays will cost the veteran house movers thousands of dollars. And in North Carolina, three vacation houses must make a perilous journey across eight miles of open beach to reach their new home. Will they arrive safely, or will the treacherous waters of the Outer Banks claim yet more victims?