Deep Sea Detectives: Captain's Last Stand DVD
SKU ID #69605
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: April 24, 2006
Dive on the remains of one of the most extraordinary examples of devotion to duty in maritime history.
- World renowned wreck divers John Chatterton and Richie Kohler expose long submerged secrets.
- Dive the wreck of the SS Flying Enterprise in the English Channel.
- Extraordinary photography captures every step of these underwater missions.
Armed with the latest underwater technology, driven by boundless curiosity and steeled with courage, the DEEP SEA DETECTIVES travel the globe to visit long-lost shipwrecks and other enticing treasures of the deep. With their incredible expertise and experience, John Chatterton and Richie Kohler bring tales to the surface that have been submerged for generations.
In December, 1951, the freighter SS Flying Enterprise left Hamburg, Germany bound for New York. The ship quickly ran into some of the worst storms of the century, which battered it until it cracked and took on a 60 degree list. The 50-member crew was evacuated, leaving only captain Kurt Carlsen aboard. As the world watched, Captain Carlsen kept the foundering ship afloat for 14 days, an effort that was ultimately fruitless.
Now, the DETECTIVES dive on the wreck to determine exactly what caused the Enterprise to crack open: was it just the storm, or was there a problem below decks? And why did Captain Carlsen stay aboard well beyond the point where duty would have let him abandon ship? Join John and Richie in the English Channel to find out.