Freak Show Tech DVD
SKU ID #69636
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: December 21, 2004
Explore the inner workings of the iconic traveling entertainments that thrived on the frontier.
- Go inside a 19th-century freak show to discover the secrets of iconic acts.
- Hosted by David Carradine.
- Rare photos capture some of the most storied carnivals of the era.
Head back to the open range and the whistle stops of the Old West with this unique series that examines the tales and traditions of the frontier with an engineer's eye.
Carnivals were often the only entertainment available on the frontier, and the impresarios who ran these traveling spectacles weren't about to let the fact that genuine "freaks" were not always available stop the show. Technology helped pull the wool over the eyes of the unsuspecting masses. Freak show operators used every trick in the trade to provide some of the most disturbing "entertainment" the West would ever see. From pickled and severed heads to mummified outlaws, WILD WEST TECH looks at the wild, the woolly, the weird, and the swindlers who assured that the freak shows would be unforgettable.