- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: June 27, 2006
One of America's best-loved parks may be the most geologically dangerous place in the nation.
- MEGA DISASTERS explores the worst of what could happen.
- Stunning computer graphics and actual footage combine to create convincing pictures of the risks faced by U.S. cities.
- All of Yellowstone Park is the caldera of an ancient volcano that is likely to erupt again!
It has happened before, and it could happen again. What makes storms, earthquakes and other events into natural disaster is not how they occur, but where they strike.
MEGA DISASTERS asks the what ifs? no one ever wants to face. A masterful blend of actual footage, computer graphics and interviews with leading scientists and public safety experts explores the outer limits of what could happen if everything went wrong.
It is the world's largest, most active volcano system. When it erupted 6,000 years ago it covered 3,000 square miles with ash three feet thick and suffocated animals nearly a thousand miles away. This seething danger has a name--Yellowstone Park! If--or perhaps when--it erupts again, the Yellowstone "Mega-Volcano" will create a global cataclysm beyond human comprehension.
MEGA DISASTERS reveals how everything within 150 miles would be leveled by an 800-degree blast of heat and 200 mile-per-hour winds, while computer graphics show the disastrous effects across the nation--including the utter destruction of agriculture in the Midwest.