Ice Cream DVD
SKU ID #69712
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: July 27, 2006
From a simple cone to gourmet formulations, AMERICAN EATS serves up the scoop on our favorite frozen treat.
- An irreverent, illuminating, gastronomical tour of the country.
- AMERICAN EATS goes from the farm to the kitchen and beyond.
- A century after "Penny Licks", Americans consume 2 billion gallons of ice cream a year.
The old saying goes "you are what you eat." So what does that say about America? More than you might imagine, as AMERICAN EATS reveals. This irreverent, insightful and unique look at the nation reveals the secret tales behind our favorite indulgences, heads into the test kitchens where science and cooking combine, and visits temples of taste across the country.
Few treats are as popular or American; immigrants arriving at Ellis Island were once served ice cream as part of their first meal. And it was immigrants which helped popularize this oh-so-American treat--Italian pushcart vendors in New York introduced "Penny Licks" at the turn of the century, and we've been screaming for ice cream ever since. Whether in a sundae, ice cream sandwich, banana split, parfait, or baked Alaska, ice cream is a dessert we can't desert. Americans eat 2-billion gallons a year, or 21.5 quarts on average per person!