- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: September 25, 2006
Enter the world of the mysterious and maligned people who created some of the ancient world’s most enigmatic monuments.
- Cross the British Isles, from Stonehenge to the Orkney Islands.
- Computer reconstructions show what the pagan monuments looked like when they were built.
- Discover the fate of Stonehenge’s forgotten twin.
In the late Stone Age, the pagan people of the British Isles constructed some of the greatest monuments of the ancient world, fabulous constructions of wood, earth, and stone. In this hour, LOST WORLDS travels from the ancient stone villages of Scotland’s Orkney Islands to Southern England in search of the soul of the Pagan’s mysterious culture.
THE PAGANS reveals a startling new theory about the role Stonehenge played in the lives of the pagans, while computer animation reconstructs the monument as it appeared to them. Experts trace a forgotten ancient pathway to Stonehenge's lost twin--Woodhenge--and explore the secrets of Silbury Hill, the world's largest man-made mound. Finally, we’ll visit Maiden Castle, a fortress that witnessed the pagan world's end.