Where Did It Come From?: Ancient China - Agriculture DVD
SKU ID #69905
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: November 30, 2006
Unearthing history: This captivating series continues with a fascinating look back at the origins of our modern food chain.
- Ancient Chinese secrets lead to today’s global farming methods.
- Hosted by Michael Guillen.
- Trace the ancient origins of modern technology and industry.
The transition from hunter-gatherer to cultivator marked a major developmental step in human existence. In the latest installment of WHERE DID IT COME FROM?, Michael Guillen travels to China and 22 centuries back in time to explore the breakthroughs that helped Man finally master his food supply.
In discovering the ancient origins of our modern farming industry, learn how the early planting tools – the hoe, the wheelbarrow and the cast iron guan plow – revolutionized agriculture. See a model of the Chinese seed drill which improved planting efficiency by a factor of ten and visit the Dujiangyan Irrigation Project which controlled floods and irrigated farmland over two millennia ago.
Harvest the fruits of another fascinating look at the origins of modern technology with ANCIENT CHINA: THE ROOTS OF AGRICULTURE.