Shootout!: Tet Offensive DVD
SKU ID #69935
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: December 8, 2006
Lock-n-load and keep your head down: a sneak attack during a holiday ceasefire prompts the most desperate shootout of the Vietnam War.
- Take aim from both sides of the firing line at some of history's most famous battles.
- Awesome CGI sequences and interviews with leading experts bring the fight to life.
- Holiday fireworks gave way to much heavier ordnance on the night of the Lunar New Year, 1968.
Take aim from both sides of the fight. SHOOTOUT! examines the personalities, the weapons, the firepower, and the leadership needed to defeat the enemy. With 3D CGI animation sequences and testimony from scholars and experts, the battles come alive as they looked to the soldiers and shooters themselves.
Nations at war have long honored holidays by pausing their aggression. In 1968 during the celebration of the Lunar New Year, Tet, North Vietnamese forces took advantage of this tradition – ignoring the implied ceasefire – and launched a cunning, highly effective offensive in South Vietnam. While a tactical defeat for the Viet Cong – thanks in large part to acts of American heroism like those stirringly depicted here – the Tet Offensive was the turning tide that eventually led to American withdrawal.
From remote jungle crossroads to downtown Saigon, the latest episode of this popular series puts you in the heart of the vicious, ground-level fighting.
In gripping SHOOTOUT! style, personal testimony from survivors and unique visual graphics bring the battle to life.