Dogfights: Death of the Japanese Navy DVD
SKU ID #69944
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: December 22, 2006
An all-or-nothing Japanese strategy leads to the largest naval battle in history. See how Yamamoto's great Imperial Japanese Navy meets its ultimate fate at the guns of an unlikely foe.
- Fly alongside the world's most accomplished pilots.
- Re-creations and computer simulations combine with authentic battle footage.
- Score one for the little guy as Taffy 3 sends Yamamoto's fleet limping home.
Ever imagine what it would be like to participate in the most historic air battles of all time? Imagine no more. DOGFIGHTS puts you in the cockpit to re-create famous air-to-air engagements. Computer graphics, animation, firsthand accounts, and archival footage make these thrilling and dangerous dogfights all too real.
The coup de grace of the Battle of Leyte Gulf – the spectacular finale to the naval war in the Pacific Theater – was administered by Taffy 3, a vastly outgunned U.S. Task Unit of tin can destroyers and baby flat-tops. A testament to will, doggedness and tactics over sheer firepower, this famous battle is a textbook example of naval strategy.
DOGFIGHTS recreates this phenomenal showdown with riveting detail and jaw-dropping effects. This is as deep into the action as you can get without risking your own life.