Modern Marvels: Ice DVD
SKU ID #69993
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 100 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: February 11, 2007
We turn to frozen water for any number of things, from chilling our lemonade to charting global climate change. This fascinating DVD explores the many facets of this chilly crystal.
- The ultimate celebration and investigation of engineering excellence.
- For over a decade, MODERN MARVELS has brought grand stories to life.
- The cold facts on this surprisingly useful and informative substance.
Celebrating ingenuity, invention and imagination brought to life on a grand scale, MODERN MARVELS® tells the fascinating stories of the doers, dreamers and sometime-schemers who created everyday items, technological breakthroughs and man-made wonders.
Quick, what do you think of when you hear "ice"? Cold drinks? Ice Ages? Glaciers? Zambonis? An archive of Earth's climate spanning millennia?
Ice manifests many forms. It can be as amusing as a carved swan centerpiece, and as serious as predicting global disaster. This world-spanning survey from THE HISTORY CHANNEL® explores the incredible varieties of ice and the surprising part it plays in our lives. Frozen water has played a key role in fashioning our history and today is making its mark as an unusual tool of technology.
In this frigid documentary, you'll ride on a Zamboni, visit the National Ice Core Repository in Colorado, measure Iceland's ice sheet movement, learn what Antarctica's ice can teach us of distant stars, and discover many more of the remarkable facets of ICE.
We're sure you'll enjoy your MODERN MARVELS® on the rocks.