Journey To The Center Of The World DVD
SKU ID #70121
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: A&E Home Video
- DVD Release Date: June 25, 2007
Probe deeper into these sacred Guatemalan caves than modern man has ever gone before. This DVD takes you on a hair-raising adventure to unlock ancient Mayan secrets.
- Surprising discoveries deep underground reveal a darker side of the ancient Maya.
- Witness every step of the exploration though breathtaking camerawork.
- A harrowing subterranean medical emergency threatens the expedition members.
Gateway to the underworld, this forbidding realm promises both sanctuary and doom. The virtually endless cave system beneath the jungles of Guatemala is one of the last truly unexplored places on Earth.
THE HISTORY CHANNEL® takes you on an ambitious expedition that plunges deeper into the Naj Tunich Caves - and further into their mysterious past - than has ever been attempted in modern times. Guided by Paul Burger, Hazel Barton and John Climaco, foremost caving, climbing and geology experts, THE HISTORY CHANNEL® discovers the secrets of this most sacred of Mayan sites.
Gripping camerawork not only illumines the wonders of Naj Tunich but also captures the technical challenges and dangers of this bold exploration. Witness firsthand as the entire team nearly meets ruin when a crew member suffers a medical crisis 420 feet below daylight. The concerted team response and desperate self-rescue lasted over twenty hours!
Investigate the limits of the known, where the supernatural is all too present, on this magnificent JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE WORLD!