Boneyard: Garbage DVD
SKU ID #70160
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: September 6, 2007
When you throw out your trash, it's only the beginning. You'll be surprised how useful your waste can be!
- An innovative look at the ultimate in "reuse, recycle, reduce."
- Scrap or treasure? What happens to machines once their useful life has ended?
- Trash takes on a whole new life after a trip through the BONEYARD.
All creations, great or small, have a limited lifespan. BONEYARD is a visually captivating and richly informative new series from THE HISTORY CHANNEL® that uncovers the beneficial afterlife of our age's defunct technology. From trains to ships to demolition debris, learn the innovation, creativity and technical prowess that make waste useful again.
One man's trash is another man's treasure. This episode of BONEYARD goes to the ends of the Earth to prove just how true that is!
What becomes of the four pounds of trash every single American throws out every single day? That's 300 million tons of waste, and it's got to go somewhere. Luckily, before ending up in landfills or offshore dumps, it makes a stop at the BONEYARD.
From the local collection trucks to the landfill compactors, an army of technologically advanced machines processes garbage. In facilities called "Murfs," millions of tons of resources are given a second life. Wondrous transformations occur - water bottles become blankets, curbside refuse becomes electricity - in these high-tech BONEYARDS.
See how a mountain of waste becomes a molehill of usefulness in BONEYARD: GARBAGE.