Mega Disasters: Krakatoa's Revenge DVD
SKU ID #70634
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: September 11, 2007
Was the terrible eruption of 1883 only a hint of the fury bottled within this slumbering giant? This fascinating DVD examines the damage done and yet to come.
- Stunning computer graphics and actual footage combine to create convincing pictures of the risks faced by U.S. cities.
- Krakatoa slumbers & for now! Are we one eruption away from global catastrophe?
- MEGA DISASTERS explores the worst of what could happen.
It has happened before, and it could happen again. What makes storms, earthquakes and other events into natural disasters is not how they occur, but where they strike.
MEGA DISASTERS asks the what ifs? no one ever wants to face. A masterful blend of actual footage, computer graphics and interviews with leading scientists and public safety experts explores the outer limits of what could happen if everything went wrong.
In 1883, Krakatoa, the most famous and feared volcano on Earth, erupted. Gigantic explosions blew the volcano to bits, triggering massive lava flows that generated huge tsunamis.
Nearly 37,000 died, the greatest death toll from a volcanic eruption in history. It could happen again.
MEGA DISASTERS uses state of the art models, 3D animations and practical demonstrations to illustrate the mechanics and progression of the eruption.
Leading experts speculate on the impact of a similar mega eruption today. Would the resulting colossal ash cloud cause a worldwide catastrophe? Would we survive KRAKATOA'S REVENGE?