Ellis Island DVD
SKU ID #70666
You Save: $7.49 50% off
Additional 10% off for History Club Members. Join Now
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: DVD
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 150 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: Fullscreen
- Language: English
- Studio: A&E Home Video
- DVD Release Date: February 25, 2003
ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Stereo
- Cast: Mandy Patinkin
- Genre: Documentary
- Color: Color
Interactive Timeline of Key Ellis Island Historical Events
- Release Date: 1997
Walk in the footsteps of the millions of people who entered America through this legendary gateway in the shadow of the Statue of Liberty.
- Mandy Patinkin (Ragtime, Chicago Hope) hosts this comprehensive look at America's famous gateway.
- Features recollections from scores of people who came through Ellis Island.
- Visit areas off-limits to the public and pore over the vast archives.
For some it was the Isle of Hope. For others, it was the Isle of Tears. For half a century, Ellis Island was America's "Golden Door." Entrance meant a new life, freedom and opportunity. Rejection meant a heartbreaking return to hopelessness.
In ELLIS ISLAND, immigrants of every ethnic background recall their extraordinary adventures, from the treacherous passage across the sea to the daunting challenge of starting life over in a new land. Historians explore the island's sometimes insensitive policies, including the casual Americanization of names. Firsthand accounts along with interviews from the Ellis Island Oral History Project reveal what the immigration experience was actually like. And rare photographs and films tell the stories of the famous people who passed through its doors many of whom would change America forever.