The Prehistoric Collection: From Dinosaurs to the Dawn of Man DVD
SKU ID #85907
Additional 10% off for History Club Members. Join Now
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: DVD
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 8
- Run Time: 17 hrs 26 mins
- Region: Region: 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: A&E Home Video
- DVD Release Date: May 26, 2009
- Genre: Documentary
The Prehistoric Series DVD Collection From Dinosaurs to the Dawn of Man takes you deep into the prehistoric universe where cavemen walk. Follow the battle between Neanderthals and Cro-Magnons, and see who is victorious. In the Dinosaurs DVDs Prehistoric Collection From Dinosaurs to the Dawn of Man, you get up close to the woolly mammoths, dinosaurs and more!
The Prehistoric Series DVDs From Dinosaurs to the Dawn of Man show super hurricanes with winds close to 700 miles per hour. A cataclysmic fight-to-the-finish between Neanderthals and Cro-Magnons. Cavemen fearlessly facing off against woolly mammoths. Throughout the dinosaur DVDs From Dinosaurs to the Dawn of Man, you see the prehistoric world comes alive as only HISTORY can recreate it in this 8-disc set filled with astonishing computer graphics and compelling scientific data that places you on an Earth you never before imagined.
Shop for The Prehistoric Series DVD Collection From Dinosaurs to the Dawn of Man and watch in fascination as the prehistoric world is recreated in incredible detail.
THE PREHISTORIC COLLECTION includes four best-selling releases: JURASSIC FIGHT CLUB, PREHISTORIC MEGASTORMS, JOURNEY TO 10,000 B.C. and CLASH OF THE CAVEMEN. See the forces, the creatures, the battles and the disasters that shaped these tumultuous times. Aided by cinematic recreations, state-of-the-art CGI and cutting-edge archeological and anthropological research, discover a predatory world far more calculated – and complex – than once thought. Whether it’s a destructive tsunami, massive four-legged beasts, an epic brains vs. brawn battle of the cavemen, or a danger-filled hunt for food, join the struggle for survival in a long-lost time that paved the way for our world today.
Bonus Features: Jurassic Fight Club Additional Footage; Bonus Program “Mega Disasters” Episode “Asteroid Apocalypse”
This series examines the ultimate fighters of the prehistoric world--gigantic beasts that stalked the earth millions of years ago. The temperature, terrain, and innate sense of the opponent’s weaknesses and strengths all played a role in how each dinosaur planned its attack. Packed with new scientific discoveries and state-of-the-art CGI, each episode will dissect these battles, revealing a predatory world far more calculated--and complex--than we originally thought.
The following six action-packed episodes are included on discs 1 & 2:
DISC 1 (approx 141 mins. + extras):
- CANNIBAL DINOSAUR: On the island of Madagascar, one of the most terrifying predators of its time--Majungatholus--attacks a female of the species who is more interested in protecting her baby than mating.
- T-REX HUNTER: No animal would dare attack an adult Tyrannosaurus rex, but juvenile T-rexes were a different matter, and ferocious Nanotyrannus found them tantalizing prey.
- GANG KILLERS: A pack of deadly Deinonychus raptors with razor-sharp claws takes on Tenontosaurus, a creator more than twice the raptor’s size.
Bonus Features: Additional Footage
DISC 2 (approx 141 mins.):
- BLOODIEST BATTLE: In present-day Utah, paleontologists uncovered thousands of dinosaur bones, all with gashes and tooth marks. Had they stumbled across a mass prehistoric feeding ground?
- DEEP SEA KILLERS: Millions of years ago, Megaladon was the apex predator of the seas. But in 1992 evidence of another deep sea monster was discovered--the biting sperm whale.
- HUNTER BECOMES HUNTED: Modern forensic evidence helps paleontologists discover which of two dino predators was responsible for the killing of two herbivores.
DISC 3 (approx 141 mins.):
- BIGGEST KILLERS: After studying some of the most monstrous dinosaurs ever imagined, scientists reveal the killer responsible for more deaths than all other predators combined.
- RAPTOR’S LAST STAND: 120 million years ago, two species of raptor became competitors when heat and drought caused their food supply to dwindle.
- ICE AGE MONSTERS: The simultaneous discovery of two of the largest predatory mammals of North America had scientists wondering if these two giants were forced to go head to head over their prey?
DISC 4 (approx 141 mins.):
- RIVER OF DEATH: On a battleground in ancient Canada, an entire heard of plant-eating Pachyrhinosaurus die in a single event. The attackers: a pair of fierce, agile, and terrifying carnivores called Albertosaurus.
- RAPTOR VS. T-REX: The mummified skin and bones of a duckbilled Edmontosaurus unearthed in the South Dakota Badlands reveal compelling evidence of a vicious attack by not one, but two prehistoric predators.
- ARMAGEDDON: When an asteroid the size of Mt. Everest slams into the Earth with the force of one million nuclear bombs, it sets ablaze the entire biomass, killing millions of creatures and ending dinosaurs’ domination of the planet.
Picture the most powerful and destructive megastorm ever to hit the planet: a super hurricane that reached 20 miles high with winds approaching 700 mph. Was it responsible for wiping out 75 percent of the Earth’s population some 65 million years ago? Or consider a volcano unleashing a cloud of gas, ash and debris so impenetrable that the sun’s warming rays were unable to reach the planet; many believe such a volcanic winter triggered an ice age. Was Great Britain once connected to Europe, then cut off by a violent storm and flood that created the English Channel?
These and other possible supersized disasters from our ancient past, including a gigantic tsunami and terrifying comet storm, are all re-created by HISTORY™ in this 2-DVD set. With the help of cutting-edge computer-generated imagery, viewers will see what these storms would have looked like and how they may have totally changed the face--and population--of Planet Earth.
DISC 5 (approx 141 mins.):
Hypercane / Mega Tsunami / Noah’s Great Flood
DISC 6 (approx 141 mins. + bonus):
Comet Storm / Volcanic Winter / Prehistoric English Superflood / Bonus Program “Mega Disasters” Episode “Asteroid Apocalypse”
DISC 7 (approx 94 mins.):
CLASH OF THE CAVEMEN: It was an epic battle of brains versus brawn that determined the course of human history. In this scenario, based on scientific theories, the viewer is taken back 30,000 years to the Ice Age in Europe when the Crom Magnon, our prehistoric ancestors, may have clashed with a completely different species of humans, the Neanderthals.
In CLASH OF THE CAVEMEN, cinematic re-creations and state-of-the-art CGI bring to life the Neanderthals--stocky, powerful and able to tolerate intense pain--and their foes, the Cro-Magnons--weaker and more fragile but with a superior brain capable of complex thought. This cinema-quality documentary from HISTORY uses the latest science to re-create the surroundings and dangers they endured: massive four-legged predators, punishing temperatures, and the unrelenting threat of starvation.
Cutting-edge archaeological and anthropological research, including data from the ongoing Neanderthal genome mapping project at Germany’s Max Planck Institute, lends up-to-the-minute realism and accuracy to this cataclysmic fight to the finish.
DISC 8 (approx 94 mins.):
JOURNEY TO 10,000 B.C. - 10,000 B.C. was a time of cataclysmic change on Earth. Extreme climactic fluctuations hurled the planet into a minor ice age; megafauna like the saber-toothed tiger and woolly mammoth were suddenly becoming extinct; and early humans began to inhabit North America. Cold and hungry, their fragile communities undertook perilous hunting expeditions. The slaughter of a single mammoth, weighing nearly ten tons, could be the difference between survival and death.
JOURNEY TO 10,000 B.C. brings this unique and thrilling period to life, and investigates the geologic and climate changes that scientists are just beginning to understand.In a major forensic investigation, HISTORY visits early human archaeological sites to uncover fossilized bones, ancient dwellings, and stone weapons, and uses state-of-the-art CGI to recreate the treacherous mammoth hunts and the devastating impact of a comet colliding with Earth.