- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: January 29, 2007
Whether it's leading a horde or leaving a world-wide genetic legacy, nothing beats a Mongolian emperor. Journey with Josh as he tests his own mettle on the steppes of Mongolia.
- Archeology gets a fresh new face in this exciting series.
- Discover the legacy of the most successful conqueror in history, Genghis Khan, Temujin to his friends.
- Hosted by adventurer Josh Bernstein, President and CEO of the world's oldest and largest wilderness survival school.
Adventure has a new name. Host, explorer and survival expert Josh Bernstein takes a fresh look at the world's greatest ancient mysteries and puts adventure back into history as he travels to some of the most intriguing, remote and physically challenging locations in the world. With a fresh and engaging approach to archaeology, Josh goes to extremes and takes us along for the ride.
Even the most ferocious nations quaked at the approach of the legendary Mongol Horde. In a mere seventy years, Genghis Khan and his descendants conquered the entire region from Manchuria to Hungary and from Russia to Java, forming the largest land empire in recorded history.
In this fascinating episode, get a rare look at the secrets to the Mongols' success as Josh travels to the remote steppes to find traces of the LOST EMPIRE OF GENGHIS KHAN. Join him as he builds a ger, fires arrows from horseback like a Mongolian warrior, and uses DNA science to trace the genetic legacy of history's great military genius.