Dogfights: Season 1 DVD
SKU ID #69906
Sale Price: $19.98
- Applies to in-stock items only
- 3-7 business days: Wed., Dec. 17, 12pm ET
- 1-2 business days: Sun., Dec. 21, 12pm ET
- Next business day: Mon., Dec. 22, 12pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: DVD
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 4
- Run Time: 517 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: Fullscreen
- Language: English
- Studio: A&E Home Video
- DVD Release Date: March 27, 2007
- Audio: ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Stereo
- Cast: Robert Kirk, Wayne Weiss
- Genre: TV Series
- Color: Color
Feature-Length Pilot Episode: Dogfights: Greatest Air Battles
Behind-the-Scenes Featurette Dogfights: The Planes
- Release Date: 2006
The first season of DOGFIGHTS was an unqualified smash hit! Millions of viewers were thrilled to experience air combat as it’s never been shown before. Now, THE HISTORY CHANNEL™ is offering the entire premiere season in a single incredible DVD collection.
Ever imagine what it would be like to participate in the most historic air battles of all time? Imagine no more. DOGFIGHTS puts you in the cockpit to re-create famous air-to-air engagements. Computer graphics, animation, firsthand accounts, and archival footage make these thrilling and dangerous dogfights all too real.
The original pilots themselves narrate these accounts, illuminating the capabilities and histories of their magnificent aircraft, the enemies they faced, and the realities of life as a fighter pilot. Filled with astounding state-of-the-art CGI technology, all eleven episodes of the first season of DOGFIGHTS recreate some of the most thrilling and captivating life-or-death battles ever fought.
- MIG ALLEY: F-86 Sabres face Korean MIG-15 fighters in history’s first jet dogfights.
- AIR AMBUSH: The Wolfpack squadron lures North Vietnamese MiG-21's into an elaborate air sting, code-named Project Bolo.
- FLYING TIGERS: The Flying Tigers’ P-40 Tomahawks battle Japanese I-97 Nates over China in the aftermath of Pearl Harbor.
- GUADALCANAL: 4F4 Wildcats hold out against Japan’s deadliest flyers in the skies over Guadalcanal in August of 1942.
- HELL OVER HANOI: F4 Phantom pilots tangle with MiG-21s in Vietnam.
- THE ZERO KILLER: Nothing could match the wicked Zero until the U.S. Navy deployed the fearsome F6F Hellcat.
- THE LAST GUNFIGHTER: See what the F8 Crusader can do against a North Vietnamese MiG and relive the most incredible come-from-behind dogfight ever survived.
- DEATH OF THE JAPANESE NAVY: The world’s biggest battleship loses to Taffy III, a small U.S. task unit of tin can destroyers and baby flat-tops, in the 1944 Battle of Samar.
- HUNT FOR THE BISMARCK: British Swordfish torpedo-bombers turn the tide of WWII.
- LONG ODDS: Outnumbered, outgunned, unlikely to make it home. An SBD dive bomber, a B-17 bomber and an F-105 Thunderchief feature in phenomenal tales of grit and survival from WWII and Vietnam.
- DOGFIGHTS OF THE MIDDLE EAST: The Israeli Air Force celebrates thirty years of dominating the skies.
COMPLETE SEASON ONE Bonus Features:
- Pilot Episode: DOGFIGHTS: The Greatest Air Battles
- Behind-the-scenes Featurette: DOGFIGHTS: The Planes