Engineering An Empire: Napoleon: Steel Monster DVD
SKU ID #69946
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: December 18, 2006
Explore the awesome legacy built by the French from the Medieval Age, through the reign of the last Western emperor and into the modern era.
- Emmy®-winning series hosted by actor and art historian Peter Weller.
- Napoleon Bonaparte controlled nearly all of Europe at the dawn of the Industrial Age.
- Discover the history and culture of ancient societies through their engineering accomplishments.
An audacious nation rejecting the authority of all external rulers, France has always paved its own way and has left a legacy of magnificent structures. ENGINEERING AN EMPIRE® surveys the vast range of French structural accomplishments from the Middle Ages to the Industrial Age.
The success of French builders has never been as well examined as in this exacting documentary. You'll be amazed by the spectacular Notre Dame Cathedral and the sublime Canal du Midi. Then delve into the fascinating historical moment when modernity rose on the tide of Industry, yet it was still conceivable for a single man to rule all of Europe. This was the time of Napoleon Bonaparte, the greatest military strategist in history and the most ambitious builder of his era.
From stone to steel, from Notre Dame to the Eiffel Tower, France's engineering masterpieces come alive in this breathtaking episode of ENGINEERING AN EMPIRE®.