Freak Shows II DVD
SKU ID #69255
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: September 20, 2005
Walk the dusty midways and ogle the performers at the "once in a lifetime" spectacles that were a Western fixture.
- Hosted by David Carradine.
- Rare photos capture the glory days of an entertainment that was once an American staple.
- Probe the legends of the American frontier with an engineer's eye.
Head back to the open range and the whistle stops of the Old West with this unique series that examines the tales and traditions of the frontier with an engineer's eye.
For over 100 years, the "freak show" was one of America's most popular and acceptable forms of entertainment. The whole family would venture out to these early museums to see "once in a lifetime" spectacles. Animal curiosities and strangely shaped vegetables quickly gave way to human serpents, savages, simian women, snake eaters, and even the supernatural. Sideshow denizens were the biggest, the smallest, and the strangest people ever to inhabit the West. But there was more! Cowboys and farmhands got a chance to see some freaky technologies, too, at these "cavalcades of perversion."