Great Lakes Ghost Ship DVD
SKU ID #69585
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: March 27, 2006
A pristine wreck found in the "wrong" Great Lake raises new questions about a fabled 19th-century sinking.
- An unusually well-preserved wreck lies at the heart of one of the Great Lakes' great mysteries.
- Extraordinary photography captures every step of these underwater missions.
- World renowned wreck diver John Chatterton exposes long submerged secrets.
Armed with the latest underwater technology, driven by boundless curiosity and steeled with courage, the DEEP SEA DETECTIVES travel the globe to visit long-lost shipwrecks and other enticing treasures of the deep. With their incredible expertise and experience, John Chatterton and the other Detectives bring tales to the surface that have been submerged for generations.
More than a thousand ships competed for business on the Great Lakes in the 1870's, but only one was foolhardy enough to take on a late season run from Milwaukee to Buffalo on November 27th, 1875. The Cornelia B. Windigate lost her bet against nature, and her wreck lay undisturbed for over a century. But when it was found, it raised countless questions: there was no sign of distress; no remains of the crew and no clue as to what destroyed her. But strangest of all, the ship was not in Lake Michigan, where it had been presumed lost! Join the DEEP SEA DETECTIVES as they descend to this pristine wreck in search of answers to one of the Great Lakes' most puzzling mysteries.