Grim Reaper DVD
SKU ID #69293
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: November 1, 2005
While new technologies helped open the frontier, they also spelled death for many settlers.
- Follow settlers on the deadly road west and see how they were most likely to meet their maker.
- Probe the legends of the American frontier with an engineer's eye.
- Hosted by David Carradine.
Head back to the open range and the whistle stops of the Old West with this unique series that examines the tales and traditions of the frontier with an engineer's eye.
The trek west was a dangerous one--if the elements didn't get you, disease, hostile people, starvation, and accidents of all kinds could. There was no 911 and hospitals were few and far between. Chances of recovering from illness or mishaps were slim or none. WILD WEST TECH examines how settlers met their deaths. Technology, in particular, played a hand. The reaper, for example, was responsible for the passing of many. As it sped up harvesting, it increased the speed at which farm workers were maimed--or worse. Then there were trains, wild animals, and?"friendly" innkeepers, who in the end, weren't so nice.