- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: November 18, 2005
Follow the 6th Ranger Battalion as they penetrate deep into the Philippine jungle to liberate 511 POWs.
- Gripping profiles of courage in the most difficult circumstances.
- Relive one of the most dramatic rescue missions of World War II.
- Each episode presents the detailed story of an extraordinary encounter.
From Delta Force Operators to CIA Field Officers, SWAT teams to Navy SEALs, HEROES UNDER FIRE recounts the stories of those who distinguish themselves above all others in perilous situations of combat, rescue missions, covert assignments, drug wars, and hostile intelligence operations.
It was one of the most audacious rescue missions ever attempted. Deep behind enemy lines in the Philippines during World War II, the Japanese kept over 500 Allied soldiers captive at the Cabantuan prison camp. On January 28, 1945, the 6th Ranger Battalion set out to penetrate some 30 miles into the Philippine interior to Cabanatuan. Once there, they managed to overcome the camp's defenses and liberate the prisoners.