Horatio Hornblower DVD
SKU ID #66678
You Save: $16.96 49% off
Additional 10% off for History Club Members. Join Now
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: DVD
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 4
- Run Time: 400 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: Fullscreen
- Language: English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo)
- Studio: A&E Video
- DVD Release Date: January 4, 2000
- Subtitles: English
ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Stereo
- Director: Andrew Grieve
- Cast: Ioan Gruffudd, Robert Lindsay
- Genre: Action & Adventure
- Color: Color
Instant Search For Your Favorite Scene
Unsurpassed Digital Picture And Sound
- Release Date: 1999
Ioan Gruffud offers a peerless portrayal of C.S. Forester's swashbuckling hero, Captain Horatio Hornblower, in this acclaimed set by A&E.
- Masterful, acclaimed adaptations of some of the most beloved naval stories ever written.
- 1999 Emmy Award Winner for Outstanding Miniseries!
- DVD Features: C.S. Forester Biography; Glossary of Nautical Terms; Behind-the-scenes featurette; Bonus Program: England's Royal Warships; Interactive Menus; Scene Selection.
Huddled against the biting wind of a January gale, a thin young man sits miserably in the stern of a small boat battling its way across the churning waters of Spithead Bay. It is 1793, and Horatio Hornblower is reporting to duty aboard the battleship Justinian...
The swashbuckling saga of the legendary sea-faring hero comes to life in these epic films based on C.S. Forester's classic novels. Set against the bloody backdrop of the Napoleonic wars, HORNBLOWER charts a course for high adventure, following the raw recruit as he battles the French, evades capture, and rises through the ranks of the King's Navy.
Written by Russell Lewis (Inspector Morse) and produced by the Emmy award-winning team behind Jane Austen's Emma, HORNBLOWER stars Robert Lindsay (Me & My Girl) and Ioan Gruffudd (Black Hawk Down) in the title role.
This 4-volume DVD set includes the following episodes:
Horatio Hornblower DVD set:
Awards and Nominations: