- The Underground Railroad CD-ROM Lesson Plan Set with DVD
- One by one, for more than a century, thousands of slaves made the dangerous journey to freedom on the Underground Railroad. To use a purchase order, please call 1-800-344-6336. To contact your regional History Education Sales Representative for volume sales, [ read more ]
- This Republic of Suffering Death and the American Civil War (Paperback) Book
- More than 600,000 soldiers lost their lives in the American Civil War. An equivalent proportion of today's population would be six million. In This Republic of Suffering, Drew Gilpin Faust reveals the ways that death on such a scale changed not only individual lives but the life of the… [ read more ]
- Throes of Democracy The American Civil War Era 1829-1877 (Hardcover) Book
- ''And then there came a day of fire!'' From its shocking curtain-raiser—the conflagration that consumed Lower Manhattan in 1835—to the climactic centennial year of 1876, when Americans staged a corrupt, deadlocked presidential campaign (fought out in Florida), Walter A. McDougall's Throes… [ read more ]
- Twilight at Little Round Top July 2, 1863--the Tide Turns at Gettysburg...
- On July 2nd, 1863, forces from the Confederacy’s Army of Northern Virginia and the Union’s Army of the Potomac clashed over the steep, rocky hill known as Little Round Top. This battle was one of the most brutal and devastating engagements of the American Civil War, and the North’s bloody… [ read more ]
- Ulysses Grant with Civil War Relic Framed Photograph
- With a framed Ulysses S Grant photo and relic, you can turn your average Civil War collection into a well respected collection of historic works. Complete with a Civil War bullet, the photo shows a young and vibrant military commander. The picture of Ulysses S. Grant represents a man with… [ read more ]
- 150th Anniversary Civil War Commemorative Stamp Collection
- Honor America's past with this 150th Anniversary Civil War Commemorative Stamp Collection. The collection begins by showcasing President Abraham Lincoln with a 1958, 4-cent Lincoln-Douglas Debate Stamp and a 1960, 25-cent Lincoln Air Mail Stamp. The Lincoln-Douglas Debates occurred in 1858… [ read more ]
- Battlefield Detectives DVD
- "An eye-opening documentary" —The Times (U.K.) "Clear, concise, and rich in detail" —The Sunday Times (U.K.) What explains the massacre at Waterloo? Why was Gallipoli such a disaster? What role did luck play at Hastings? Battlefield Detectives puts these and other famous battles under… [ read more ]
- Civil War Penny
- Imagine the history this U.S. coin has seen. It comes from the Civil War, the greatest conflict ever fought on American soil. The Indian Cent was minted from 1859 to 1909, and in this special collector's display, your penny will always have a mint year from 1861 to 1865, the years of the… [ read more ]
- Day Freedom Died The Colfax Massacre, The Supreme Court, and the Betrayal of...
- Following the Civil War, Colfax, Louisiana, was a town like many where African Americans and whites mingled uneasily. But on April 13, 1873, a small army of white ex–Confederate soldiers, enraged after attempts by freedmen to assert their new rights, killed more than sixty African Americans… [ read more ]
- The Essential Civil War Collection DVD
- This special collection shines the spotlight on some of the most intriguing storylines and personalities from one of the bloodiest chapters in our nations history. THE ESSENTIAL CIVIL WAR COLLECTION includes: one of the lesser known occurrences in American history the plot to steal Abraham… [ read more ]
- The Seven-Day Scholar: The Civil War: Exploring History One Week at a Time...
- Coinciding with the 150th anniversary of the Civil War, this captivating new book is a must-have for the Civil War aficionado. Organized into 52 chapters, each of which represents a significant week by theme. Further broken down by influential daily events, readers can become a seven-day… [ read more ]