History fans, buffs, students, scholars, and inquisitive people – uncover the remarkable stories of our past and explore the possibilities of the future with our history books. Whether you’re after academic pursuits or just beefing up your historical trivia, you’ll be sure to satisfy any and all inquiring minds at the official History Channel Store. With a vast selection of history books from riveting biographies, cookbooks full of personal anecdotes, to crime fiction, the History Store does it all covering American Presidents to UFOs; let curiosity be your guide.
- Im Looking Through You Growing Up Haunted A Memoir (Paperback) Book
- From the bestselling author of She’s Not There comes another buoyant, unforgettable memoir— I’m Looking Through You is about growing up in a haunted house...and making peace with the ghosts that dwell in our hearts. For Jennifer Boylan, creaking stairs, fleeting images in the… [ read more ]
- In the Graveyard of Empires Americas War in Afghanistan (Hardcover) Book
- Afghanistan expert and RAND analyst Seth G. Jones watched as American optimism evaporated after the Taliban defeat in 2001; by 2005, a new “war of a thousand cuts” had brought Afghanistan to its knees. Harnessing important new historical research on insurgencies and integrating thousands of… [ read more ]
- In the Graveyard of Empires Americas War in Afghanistan (Paperback) Book
- 'How we got to where we are in Afghanistan.''—Matthew Kaminski, Wall Street Journal This definitive account of the American experience in Afghanistan ''[zeroes] in on what went awry after America’s successful routing of the Taliban in late 2001'' (Michiko Kakutani, New York Times ) to… [ read more ]
- In the Presidents Secret Service Behind the Scenes with Agents in the Line of...
- Never before has a journalist penetrated the wall of secrecy that surrounds the U.S. Secret Service, that elite corps of agents who pledge to take a bullet to protect the president and his family. After conducting exclusive interviews with more than one hundred current and former Secret… [ read more ]
- Into Africa The Epic Adventures of Stanley and Livingstone (Paperback) Book
- With the utterance of a single line—“Doctor Livingstone, I presume?”—a remote meeting in the heart of Africa was transformed into one of the most famous encounters in exploration history. But the true story behind Dr. David Livingstone and journalist Henry Morton Stanley is one that has… [ read more ]
- The Irish Americans A History (Paperback) Book
- The paperback The Irish Americans book presents a comprehensive overview of the Irish experience in America. Esteemed ethnic studies author Jay Dolan tracks the group from their arrival in the early 1700s to now. The Irish Americans history book, The Irish Americans A History, lays out the… [ read more ]
- The American Presidents Series James Madison (Hardcover) Book
- A bestselling historian examines the life of a Founding Father. Renowned historian and social commentator Garry Wills takes a fresh look at the life and presidency of James Madison, from his rise to greatness in the colonies to his role in the creation of the Articles of Confederation… [ read more ]
- Jeff Shaaras Civil War Battlefields Discovering Americas Hallowed Ground...
- Jeff Shaara, America’s premier Civil War novelist, gives a remarkable guided tour of the ten Civil War battlefields every American should visit: Shiloh, Antietam, Fredericksburg/Chancellorsville, Gettysburg, Vicksburg, New Market, Chickamauga, the Wilderness/Spotsylvania, Cold Harbor, and… [ read more ]
- Jewish Literacy Revised Ed The Most Important Things to Know About the Jewish...
- What does it mean to be a Jew? How does one begin to answer so extensive a question? In this insightful and completely updated tome, esteemed rabbi and bestselling author Joseph Telushkin helps answer the question of what it means to be a Jew, in the largest sense. Widely recognized as… [ read more ]
- JFK and the Unspeakable Why He Died and Why It Matters (Hardcover) Book
- Douglass (a longtime peace activist with the Catholic Workers) borrows the term ''the Unspeakable'' from Catholic philosopher Thomas Merton in order to point towards a form of systemic evil that he believes resulted in the death of John F. Kennedy. He argues that Kennedy was slowly, and in… [ read more ]
- John Adams (Hardcover) Book
- In this powerful, epic biography, David McCullough unfolds the adventurous life-journey of John Adams, the brilliant, fiercely independent, often irascible, always honest Yankee patriot -- "the colossus of independence," as Thomas Jefferson called him -- who spared nothing in his zeal for… [ read more ]
- Joker One A Marine Platoons Story of Courage, Leadership, and Brotherhood...
- After graduating from Princeton, Donovan Campbell wanted to give back to his country, engage in the world, and learn to lead. So he joined the service, becoming a commander of a forty-man infantry platoon called Joker One . Campbell had just months to train and transform a ragtag group of… [ read more ]
- Journeys of a Lifetime 500 of the Worlds Greatest Trips (Hardcover) Book
- No one knows the world like National Geographic—and in this lavish volume, we reveal our picks for the world's most fabulous journeys, along with helpful information for readers who want to try them out. [ read more ]
- King Leopolds Ghost A Story of Greed, Terror, and Heroism in Colonial Africa...
- In the 1880s, as the European powers were carving up Africa, King Leopold II of Belgium seized for himself the vast and mostly unexplored territory surrounding the Congo River. Carrying out a genocidal plundering of the Congo, he looted its rubber, brutalized its people, and ultimately… [ read more ]
- Lone Survivor The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes...
- The leader, and only survivor, of a team of U.S. Navy SEALs sent to northern Afghanistan to capture a well-known al Qaeda leader chronicles the events of the battle that killed his teammates and offers insight into the training of this elite group of warriors. [ read more ]
- Lords of Finance The Bankers Who Broke the World (Hardcover) Book
- With penetrating insights for today, this vital history of the world economic collapse of the late 1920s offers unforgettable portraits of the four men whose personal and professional actions as heads of their respective central banks changed the course of the twentieth century. It is… [ read more ]
- MacArthur (Paperback) Book
- Douglas MacArthur is best remembered for his adaptability that hoisted him to his greatest accomplishments. Adaptability now reigns as the most indispensable trait for high military leadership in an era of technological leaps that guarantee the nature of war will radically change during the… [ read more ]
- Magnificent Desolation The Long Journey Home from the Moon (Paperback) Book
- Forty years ago, Buzz Aldrin became the second human, minutes after Neil Armstrong, to set foot on a celestial body other than the Earth. The event remains one of mankind’s greatest achievements and was witnessed by the largest worldwide television audience in history. In the years since,… [ read more ]
- By Any Means Necessary (Paperback) Book
- The imperialists know the only way you will voluntarily turn to the fox is to show you a wolf. In eleven speeches and interviews, Malcolm X presents a revolutionary alternative to this reformist trap, taking up political alliances, women's rights, U.S. intervention in the Congo and Vietnam,… [ read more ]
- Manhattan Project The Birth of the Atomic Bomb and Its Creators,...
- The first collection ever of the writings and insights of the original creators of the atomic bomb, along with pieces by the most important historians and interpreters of the subject, is now in paperback. Born out of a small research program begun in 1939, the Manhattan Project eventually… [ read more ]
- Mannahatta A Natural History of New York City (Hardcover) Book
- On September 12, 1609, Henry Hudson first set eyes on the land that would become Manhattan. It's difficult for us to imagine what he saw, but for more than a decade, landscape ecologist Eric Sanderson has been working to do just that. Mannahatta: A Natural History of New York City is the… [ read more ]
- Michelle Obama in Her Own Words (Paperback) Book
- Michelle Obama in Her Own Words (Paperback) presents quotes from notable speeches and interviews by Michelle Obama on topics including family life, her husband, the 2008 Presidential election, and being a role model. This dynamic, inspirational woman is highly charismatic while remaining… [ read more ]
- Mirage Napoleons Scientists and the Unveiling of Egypt (Paperback) Book
- Two hundred years ago, only the most reckless or eccentric Europeans had dared to traverse the unmapped territory of the modern-day Middle East. But in 1798, more than 150 French engineers, artists, doctors, and scientists—even a poet and a musicologist—traveled to the Nile Valley under the… [ read more ]
- Moonwalk Book (Hardcover) Book
- The #1 New York Times bestseller! Michael Jackson’s one and only autobiography – his life, in his words.With original Foreword by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, a new Introduction by Motown founder Berry Gordy, and an Afterword by Michael Jackson’s editor and publisher, Shaye Areheart.“I’ve… [ read more ]
- New York Times The Complete Front Pages 1851-2009 (Hardcover) Book
- New edition of the national blockbuster and New York Times bestseller—with more than a dozen new front pages, including Obama's election and inauguration, his first trip abroad, the financial meltdown, Madoff, and more. One of the most popular gift books of the 2008 holiday season now… [ read more ]
- Night (Paperback)
- Night is Elie Wiesel's masterpiece, a candid, horrific, and deeply poignant autobiographical account of his survival as a teenager in the Nazi death camps. This new translation by Marion Weisel, Elie's wife and frequent translator, presents this seminal memoir in the language and spirit… [ read more ]
- NixonlandThe Rise of a President and the Fracturing of America (Paperback) Book
- Told with urgency and sharp political insight, Nixonland recaptures America's turbulent 1960s and early 1970s and reveals how Richard Nixon rose from the political grave to seize and hold the presidency. Perlstein's epic account begins in the blood and fire of the 1965 Watts riots, nine… [ read more ]
- No Less Than Victory A Novel of World War II Book (Hardcover) Book
- No Less Than Victory is the crowning achievement in master storyteller Jeff Shaara’s soaring World War II trilogy, revealing the European war’s unforgettable and harrowing final act. After the success of the Normandy invasion, the Allied commanders are buoyantly confident that the war in… [ read more ]
- No Ordinary Time (Paperback) Book
- No Ordinary Time is a monumental work, a brilliantly conceived chronicle of one of the most vibrant and revolutionary periods in the history of the United States. With an extraordinary collection of details, Goodwin masterfully weaves together a striking number of story lines—Eleanor and… [ read more ]
- Nothing Like It in the World The Men Who Built the Transcontinental Railroad...
- Nothing Like It in the World gives the account of an unprecedented feat of engineering, vision, and courage. It is the story of the men who built the transcontinental railroad -- the investors who risked their businesses and money; the enlightened politicians who understood its importance;… [ read more ]
- Obama The Historic Campaign in Photographs (Hardcover) Book
- Through 150 striking color photographs, Obama: The Historic Campaign in Photographs charts the road to Barack Obama's nomination as the first African American to lead the presidential ticket of a major party. Visually revealing and dramatic, it's a story of history told in photos. Order… [ read more ]
- One Square Mile of Hell The Battle for Tarawa (Paperback) Book
- The author of Pacific Alamo: The Battle for Wake Island furnishes a definitive account of the November 1943 battle for control of the Tarawa atoll in the South Pacific, between the 2nd Marine Division and Japanese forces, in a volume based on combatants' letters, diaries, and interviews with… [ read more ]
- Only Thing Worth Dying For How Eleven Green Berets Forged a New Afghanistan...
- On a moonless night just weeks after September 11, 2001, U.S. Special Forces team ODA 574 infiltrates the mountains of southern Afghanistan with a seemingly impossible mission: to foment a tribal revolt and force the Taliban to surrender. Armed solely with the equipment they can carry on… [ read more ]
- Paranormal Caught On Film Amazing Photographs of Ghosts, Poltergeists and...
- The Paranormal Caught on Film is a mysterious and mesmerizing collection of photographs depicting ghosts and other extraordinary phenomena from around the world. Believers will marvel at the range of unexplained activity captured on camera and sceptics will not be able to resist debating the… [ read more ]