History fans, buffs, students, scholars, and inquisitive people – uncover the remarkable stories of our past and explore the possibilities of the future with our history books. Whether you’re after academic pursuits or just beefing up your historical trivia, you’ll be sure to satisfy any and all inquiring minds at the official History Channel Store. With a vast selection of history books from riveting biographies, cookbooks full of personal anecdotes, to crime fiction, the History Store does it all covering American Presidents to UFOs; let curiosity be your guide.
- Unbroken A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption...
- On a May afternoon in 1943, an Army Air Forces bomber crashed into the Pacific Ocean and disappeared, leaving only a spray of debris and a slick of oil, gasoline, and blood. Then, on the ocean surface, a face appeared. It was that of a young lieutenant, the plane’s bombardier, who was… [ read more ]
- Unbroken Line The Untold Story of Gridiron Greats and Their Struggle to Save...
- The Unbroken Line is the riveting story of how truly heartless the business of professional football was and is - from the poor pension plans and inadequate medical benefits to the greed of union leadership which the authors argue takes advantage of and turns its back on the very individuals… [ read more ]
- Undaunted Courage Meriwether Lewis, Thomas Jefferson, and the Opening of the...
- From the bestselling author of the definitive book on D-Day comes the definitive book on the most momentous expedition in American history and one of the great adventure stories of all time. In 1803 President Thomas Jefferson selected his personal secretary, Captain Meriwether Lewis, to… [ read more ]
- Unforgiving Minute A Soldiers Education (Paperback) Book
- A West Point grad, Rhodes Scholar, and Army Ranger recounts his unique education and struggles with the hard lessons that only war can teach. One haunting afternoon on Losano Ridge in Afghanistan, U.S. Army Captain Craig Mullaney and his infantry platoon were caught in a deadly firefight… [ read more ]
- The Universe in a Nutshell (Hardcover) Book
- Stephen Hawking’s phenomenal, multimillion-copy bestseller, A Brief History of Time , introduced the ideas of this brilliant theoretical physicist to readers all over the world. Now, in a major publishing event, Hawking returns with a lavishly illustrated sequel that unravels the mysteries… [ read more ]
- Vampireology The True History of the Fallen (Hardcover) Book
- Purports to be a book, written in 1900, that sheds light on what happened to three historic vampire bloodlines, and that includes booklets, flaps, and letters between the young researcher who discovered it in the 1920s and an alluring woman who seeks his help. [ read more ]
- Vicksburg, 1863 (Paperback) Book
- In this thrilling narrative history of the Civil War’s most strategically important campaign, Winston Groom describes the bloody two-year grind that started when Ulysses S. Grant began taking a series of Confederate strongholds in 1861, climaxing with the siege of Vicksburg two years later.… [ read more ]
- Voices Of A Peoples History (Paperback) Book
- Here in their own words, are Frederick Douglass, George Jackson, Chief Joseph, Martin Luther King Jr., Plough Jogger, Sacco and Vanzetti, Patti Smith, Bruce Springsteen, Mark Twain, and Malcolm X, to name just a few of the hundreds of voices that appear in Voices of a People's History of… [ read more ]
- Voyagers of the Titanic: Passengers, Sailors, Shipbuilders, Aristocrats, and...
- Published to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic, a history accompanied by black-and-white photos focuses on the passengers and illuminates the heroism, sacrifice, hope and love that emerged from the tragedy. By Ricahrd Davenport-Hines. 75,000 first printing. [ read more ]
- War As I Knew It (Paperback) Book
- Adored by many, loathed by some, General George S. Patton, Jr., was one of the most brilliant military strategists in history. War As I Knew It is the personal and candid account of his celebrated, relentless crusade across western Europe during World War II. First published in 1947, this… [ read more ]
- War Lovers Roosevelt, Lodge, Hearst, and the Rush to Empire, 1898 (Hardcover)...
- On February 15, 1898, the USS Maine exploded in the Havana Harbor. Although there was no evidence that the Spanish were responsible, yellow newspapers such as William Randolph Hearst's New York Journal whipped Americans into frenzy by claiming that Spain's "secret infernal machine" had… [ read more ]
- Warmth of Other Suns The Epic Story of Americas Great Migration (Hardcover)...
- In this epic, beautifully written masterwork, Pulitzer Prize–winning author Isabel Wilkerson chronicles one of the great untold stories of American history: the decades-long migration of black citizens who fled the South for northern and western cities, in search of a better life. From 1915… [ read more ]
- Winstons War Churchill, 1940-1945 (Hardcover) Book
- A vivid and incisive portrait of Winston Churchill during wartime from acclaimed historian Max Hastings, Winston’s War captures the full range of Churchill’s endlessly fascinating character. At once brilliant and infuriating, self-important and courageous, Hastings’s Churchill comes… [ read more ]
- World War II (DK Eyewitness Books) (Hardcover) Book
- Discover the turbulent events of World War II-from the Blitz to the atomic bomb. [ read more ]
- Worst Hard Time The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American...
- The dust storms that terrorized the High Plains in the darkest years of the Depression were like nothing ever seen before or since.Timothy Egan’s critically acclaimed account rescues this iconic chapter of American history from the shadows in a tour de force of historical reportage.… [ read more ]
- Your Flying Car Awaits Robot Butlers, Lunar Vacations, and Other Dead-Wrong...
- A lighthearted analysis of twentieth-century predictions about where the human race would be technologically by today, including predictions about the use of nuclear explosives for commercial demolition and controllable weather. [ read more ]