WWII in HD
From the journals of those who served on the battlefields and rare color archival footage gathered through basements and archives, the History Channel presents WWII as you’ve never seen it before in HD color. See the sights and sounds of WWII history in the making.
- World War II HD and 360 DVD Set
- The only people to see the war like this were the ones who lived it. Until now… Seventy years in the making. Three thousand hours of color footage no one knew existed. The first documentary to show World War II from the perspective of both sides in full, immersive HD color, the world… [ read more ]
- WW II in HD and World at War DVD Set
- WWII in HD DVD Set This item ships before any other online retailer! The only people to see the war like this were the ones who lived it. Until now… Seventy years in the making. Three thousand hours of color footage no one knew existed. The first documentary [ read more ]
- WWII in 3D Blu-Ray
- WWII IN 3D tells the story of the war from the rise of the Nazis, their sweep across Europe, the Allied counterattack and the fall of Nazi Germany. For the first time, you will see dramatic moments of WWII that were captured in 3D with stereographs and then shuttered away in secret archives… [ read more ]
- WWII in HD: The Air War DVD
- WWII IN HD: THE AIR WAR presents the untold story of the American 8th Air Force’s bloody battle to defeat the German Luftwaffe in the months leading up to D-Day. Told through the gripping, first person accounts of three American airmen and Stars & Stripes reporter Andy Rooney, The Air War… [ read more ]
- Battle for Leyte Gulf The Incredible Story of World War IIs Largest Naval...
- Woodward, who served on the staff of historians of the US Navy during World War II, drafted this as a part of the Navy's secret history of the battle and had access to records denied to others. Here he pursues the battle geographically as well as chronologically, making sense of the largest… [ read more ]
- Citizen Soldiers The U.S. Army from the Normandy Beaches to the Bulge to the...
- In this riveting account, historian Stephen Ambrose continues where he left off in his #1 bestseller D-Day. Ambrose again follows the individual characters of this noble, brutal, and tragic war, from the high command down to the ordinary soldier, drawing on hundreds of interviews to… [ read more ]
- City of the Century: The Epic of Chicago and the Making of America (Paperback)
- The epic of Chicago is the story of the emergence of modern America. Here, witness Chicago's growth from a desolate fur-trading post in the 1830s to one of the world's most explosively alive cities by 1900. Donald Miller's powerful narrative embraces it all: Chicago's wild beginnings,… [ read more ]
- D-Day June 6, 1944 The Climactic Battle of World War II (Paperback) Book
- The author of Eisenhower chronicles the events, politics, and personalities of this pivotal day in World War II, shedding light on the strategies of commanders on both sides and the ramifications of the battle. [ read more ]
- Enola Gay The B-29 That Dropped the Atomic Bomb on Hiroshima (Paperback) Book
- The world entered the atomic age in August 1945, when the B-29 Superfortress nicknamed Enola Gay flew some 1,500 miles from the island of Tinian and dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan. The "Little Boy" bomb exploded with the force of 12.5 kilotons of TNT, nearly destroying the city.… [ read more ]
- Guadalcanal (Paperback) Book
- In the summer and fall of 1942, American Marines landed on the South Pacific island of Guadalcanal and began the slow, bloody work of defeating the Japanese empire. Their landing was significant not only for the outcome of World War II, but also for the conduct of war ever since, for the… [ read more ]
- IJN Yamoto (Japan) Model
- The Yamato class battleships of the Imperial Japanese Navy were the largest naval vessels during World War II. Yamato, together with Musashi, made little impact during World War II. In October 1944, Yamato opened on US escort carriers and destroyers and it was the first and last of its… [ read more ]
- One Square Mile of Hell The Battle for Tarawa (Paperback) Book
- The author of Pacific Alamo: The Battle for Wake Island furnishes a definitive account of the November 1943 battle for control of the Tarawa atoll in the South Pacific, between the 2nd Marine Division and Japanese forces, in a volume based on combatants' letters, diaries, and interviews with… [ read more ]
- Running with the Tiger A Memoir of an Extraordinary Young Womans Life...
- Ansie Lee Sperry's beautiful and witty memoir combines passages from her personal diary, historical research, photos and sketches to portray the fascinating life of a woman who lived in challenging times. Ansie grew up in a prominent Hong Kong family, one of fourteen children in a household… [ read more ]
- Story of World War II (Paperback)
- A comprehensive history of World War II, expanded and updated from the original work by Henry Steele Commager, draws on previously unavailable letters, memoirs, oral histories, and photographs to incorporate new information on the contributions of African Americans and other minorities, the… [ read more ]
- Tears in the Darkness The Story of the Bataan Death March and Its Aftermath...
- For the first four months of 1942, American, Filipino, and Japanese soldiers fought America's first major land battle of World War II: the battle for the tiny Philippine peninsula of Bataan. It ended with the single largest defeat in American military history. This was only the beginning.… [ read more ]
- Time for Trumpets The Untold Story of the Battle of the Bulge (Paperback) Book
- On December 16, 1944, the vanguard of three German armies, totaling half a million men, attacked U.S. forces in the Ardennes region of Belgium and Luxembourg, achieveing what had been considered impossible -- total surprise. In the most abysmal failure of battlefield intelligence in the… [ read more ]
- Ultimate Battle Okinawa 1945--The Last Epic Struggle of World War II...
- A narrative account of the large-scale land-sea-air battle during the spring of 1945 profiles the conflict as a sobering clash that was marked by the death of America's highest-ranking officer killed during World War II, the hara-kiri deaths of two top-ranking Japanese commanders, and the… [ read more ]
- World War II 360 DVD
- It was a war—and a series of military campaigns—like no other. HISTORY™ puts viewers in the middle of the action with two revealing programs that use cutting-edge computer graphic animation and the latest technology to bring a 360-degree view of the Second World War. In Battle 360, follow… [ read more ]
- Manhattan Project The Birth of the Atomic Bomb and Its Creators,...
- The first collection ever of the writings and insights of the original creators of the atomic bomb, along with pieces by the most important historians and interpreters of the subject, is now in paperback. Born out of a small research program begun in 1939, the Manhattan Project eventually… [ read more ]