It's A Wonderful Time To Be Weird DVD
SKU ID #69506
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: December 30, 2005
See how NASA tracks Santa's progress on Christmas Eve and tuck into a potentially deadly holiday repast in the Midwest.
- Authors Mark Sceurman and Mark Moran bring their unique view of America to the screen.
- A one-of-a-kind travelogue.
- There’s the comfortable Christmas of St. Nick and family--and then there’s the one that the Marks celebrate!
The Marks--Sceurman and Moran have seen facets of America that would chill the local chamber of commerce to the bone. They have turned their shared obsession into a unique series of guides to the weirdest that the nation has to offer, and now they bring their unique travelogue to the screen in this fascinating series celebrating the dark, twisted, offbeat and unusual.
Face it, Christmas in America is sweet and predictable--but not on WEIRD U.S. For the Marks, the season begins at Florida's Kennedy Space Center, where NASA tracks Santa's gift-delivery mission. In the heartland, they discover that for some die-hard Scandinavians, Christmas dinner is a fish soaked in lye--also an ingredient in rat poison! The two Marks find evidence that Christmas, once a pagan celebration of the winter solstice, was long ago a riotous, drunken holiday. In Pennsylvania Dutch territory, they go undercover as Belsnickles--Santa's furry alter-ego--and learn what happens to kids when naughty, not nice. And in Philadelphia, a radio-show host insists that Santa is a satanic force that must be stopped!