Jesus' Jerusalem DVD
SKU ID #70700
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-344-6336
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: August 21, 2006
Noted archeologists and stunning computer graphics help re-create the Holy City as it would have appeared in Jesus' lifetime.
- See Jerusalem as it appeared 2,000 years ago.
- Experts use clues from the Bible and other ancient documents to recreate the ancient city.
- Extraordinary computer graphics bring the Biblical Jerusalem to life.
Every year, tens of thousands of pilgrims travel to Jerusalem to trace Jesus' footsteps. But since his death, the city has been destroyed and rebuilt more than 20 times. So what did it look like when Jesus was alive?
LOST WORLDS draws on the expertise of a cadre of archeologists, historians and computer graphics professionals to find out. They rebuild Herod's Temple Mount--in its time the world's largest man-made structure. They explain the manipulation of light and stone that let the Holy Sanctuary "sparkle like a snow-capped mountain in the sun." They explore the network of aqueducts, pipes, tunnels, and pools that kept this desert city from thirst and enabled it to handle an influx of pilgrims that routinely swelled its population from 30,000 to 300,000. They seek the places where Jesus performed miracles. And they map his final hours: including the real route of the "Via Dolorosa." JESUS' JERUSALEM reveals a world hidden for more than 20 centuries.