- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: March 24, 2005
Plumb the depths of the scriptures and cross the Holy Land in search of one of the Bible's most enigmatic figures.
- Why does the man who raised Jesus have not a single word recorded in the Bible?
- An incisive look at one of Christianity's most mysterious figures.
- Biblical scholars reveal what is known of Mary's husband.
Join TIME MACHINE for an engrossing hour as we unravel one of the greatest biblical mysteries: who, exactly, was the earthly spouse of Mary and father of Jesus?
According to the Bible, though a humble tradesman, he was descended from royalty. He was counseled by angels, chased into a strange land by murderers, and adored by a son who would grow up to be the King of Kings. And yet not one word of Joseph's is recorded in the Bible. Through interviews with leading theologians and priests, examination of the Gospels, and aided by dramatic recreations, we paint the clearest picture yet of the man who spoke with his actions and helped shape the very foundations of Christianity.