Lost Worlds: Knights Templar DVD
SKU ID #69708
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: July 10, 2006
Probe the secrets of the soldiers who were among the most powerful forces in the Church for two centuries.
- Visit the remains of their great castle fortress in Jerusalem.
- See how they rose to power and fell from grace.
- An inside look at one of Catholicism's most fascinating factions.
They defended the Holy Land through bloodshed and prayer. Founded in the 12th century, these Christian warrior monks reigned supreme for nearly 200 years before suffering a spectacular fall from grace. Branded heretics, they were disbanded and their Grand Master was burned at the stake.
LOST WORLDS probes behind the legend for the lost world of the Knights Templar. Walk the streets of the city they knew as Tortosa-now hidden among modern homes in the Syrian city of Tartus.
Visit the site of their Jerusalem headquarters in the Temple Mount, where underground vaults were said to stable 1,000 horses. Experts re-create their mysterious initiation rites in a London church modeled on the Templar's long-demolished home, and the tale of the Templar's last stand is told on the Mediterranean island where they met their end.