Lost Worlds: Ramses' Egyptian Empire DVD
SKU ID #70604
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: July 24, 2006
For 67 years, he dominated the Kingdom of the Nile. Millennia after his death, reminders of his rule can still be seen.
- Extraordinary re-creations and re-enactments bring the splendors of the ancients to life.
- Tour important sites with renowned archeologists and historians.
- Examine the rule of arguably the greatest pharaoh of ancient Egypt.
In 1300 BC, the mighty Egyptian civilization was in its golden age. Its ruler was Ramses II, a man who intended to be the greatest of the Pharaohs. He made his mark by building vast statues, towering obelisks, temples carved from the living rock. Ramses was a giant of a man, dominating his kingdom for 67 years, pushing it on to ever greater glory.
LOST WORLDS travels to Egypt to examine the remains of Ramses' accomplishments. With the aid of new research and cutting edge graphics technology, the true scale of his ambition can now be fully revealed.
RAMSES' EGYPTIAN EMPIRE reconstructs the grand hypostyle hall at Karnak, explores the technical innovation and engineering skill that produced the temple at Abu Simbel, rebuilds the Ramesseum as he would have seen it, and uncovers how the extraordinary tomb that Ramses built for himself would have looked when his body was finally laid there.