Lost Worlds: The Real Dracula DVD
SKU ID #69837
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: September 4, 2006
See the landmarks left behind by the real-life Romanian prince who inspired the classic horror tale.
- Travel back to ancient Romania to meet the man who inspired a legend.
- Computer animation brings the real-life Dracula’s world to life.
- Scholars trace the campaigns that changed the face of Eastern Europe.
In a country torn by bloody civil war, a young man seizes power. In his native tongue, he is called Dracula. This is no horror tale, but a true story, and the star is not a mythic monster, but a real man.
Dracula was a warlord who became known all across Europe for breathtaking courage and terrifying cruelty. A Romanian prince, he left an enduring legacy in blood and lives, but also in brick, mortar, and stone. He constructed palaces. He founded the city that became his country's capital. He also built one of Eastern Europe's most breathtaking mountaintop castles.
Now, state-of-the-art computer animation brings Dracula's lost world back to life: his birthplace in the fortified town of Sighisoara; the gothic splendor of Transylvania's Bran Castle; the sumptuous palace of Targoviste; and the real castle Dracula, Poenari.