Modern Marvels: Machines Of D-Day DVD
SKU ID #68949
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: June 3, 2005
Storm the shores of Normandy with the most impressive assortment of military equipment ever assembled.
- Stunning footage captures the complexity and firepower of the D-Day invasion.
- Examine the equipment that made the operation possible.
- Military historians reveal the components of the complicated plan.
On June 6, 1944, the greatest machine of World War Two sprung into action. It was made up of thousands of ships and aircraft, tens of thousands of men and millions of tons of steel and concrete.┬áThis was Operation Overlord--the invasion machine that sent Allied soldiers dropping from the skies and storming the beaches of Normandy. Each piece of this machine was designed to fulfill a specific task in the air, on land, or at sea. The success of D-Day depended on it. Interlocking with pinpoint precision, the men and machines of Overlord overcame not just Hitler's beach defenses, but nature itself, in the greatest assault the world has ever seen. Using archive film and color reenactments, HEAVY METAL® reveals the phenomenal hardware of D-Day.