Mega Disasters: American Volcano DVD
SKU ID #69673
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: May 30, 2006
What would happen if Mt. Rainier were to go the way of Mt. St. Helens?
- MEGA DISASTERS explores the worst of what could happen.
- Stunning computer graphics and actual footage combine to create convincing pictures of the risks faced by U.S. cities.
- Seismologists reveal why an eruption of Mt. Rainier is a geological certainty.
It has happened before, and it could happen again. What makes storms, earthquakes and other events into natural disasters is not how they occur, but where they strike.
MEGA DISASTERS asks the what ifs? no one ever wants to face. A masterful blend of actual footage, computer graphics and interviews with leading scientists and public safety experts explores the outer limits of what could happen if everything went wrong.
The 1980 Mt. St. Helens blast killed every living thing within a 25-mile radius and unleashed the biggest landslide in recorded history. Now, Mount Rainier, 60 miles east of Seattle, threatens an even greater loss of life and property. This 14,000-foot peak holds more ice and snow than all other volcanoes in the Cascade Range combined, and geologists say that it's not a question of if Rainier will erupt...but when.
As we'll see, if people don't have an efficient evacuation plan, the death toll will be incredible.