Mega Disasters: Comet Catastrophe DVD
SKU ID #70173
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-344-6336
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: September 25, 2007
It's happened before, it could happen again, and this DVD graphically depicts what it will be like when a massive extraterrestrial body slams into the Earth!
- MEGA DISASTERS explores the worst of what could happen.
- Stunning computer graphics and actual footage combine to create convincing pictures of the risks faced by U.S. cities.
- Comets have crashed into the Earth before, and itís only a matter of time before it happens again!
It has happened before, and it could happen again. What makes storms, earthquakes and other events into natural disasters is not how they occur, but where they strike.
MEGA DISASTERS asks the what ifs? no one ever wants to face. A masterful blend of actual footage, computer graphics and interviews with leading scientists and public safety experts explores the outer limits of what could happen if everything went wrong.
Imagine the awesome effect of a three-mile wide comet crashing into the Indian Ocean. Scientists suggest that such a cataclysmic event, occurring about 4800 years ago, could have been the inspiration for the Bible's Great Flood. It would have decimated 60% of the Earth's population!
Now, imagine such a comet striking the Pacific Ocean near modern-day San Francisco. In vivid detail, MEGA DISASTERS evokes just such a terrible event. Witness as millions of lives are lost and the Earth is consumed by mega tsunamis, earthquakes, torrential rains and nuclear winter.
Is there a comet out there with our name on it? If so, this MEGA DISASTERS DVD dramatically reveals what we can expect - and it ain't pretty.