- Additional Details
- Format: Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: June 3, 2008
For everything from dinosaurs to the Clovis people, major impacts have spelled disaster throughout the ages. Relive one such event and witness the devastation of a modern occurrence.
- MEGA DISASTERS explores the worst of what could happen.
- Stunning computer graphics and actual footage combine to create convincing pictures of the risks faced by U.S. cities.
- A firestorm thousands of miles across is just one of the bad things a major comet brings.
It has happened before, and it could happen again. What makes storms, earthquakes and other events into natural disasters is not how they occur, but where they strike.
MEGA DISASTERS asks the what ifs? no one ever wants to face. A masterful blend of actual footage, computer graphics and interviews with leading scientists and public safety experts explores the outer limits of what could happen if everything went wrong.
13,000 years ago, a large comet exploded over eastern Canada, unleashing a mass of burning fragments that ignited a mega-storm of fire spreading for thousands of miles. Nearly every living thing on the North American continent was destroyed, including an ancient civilization known as the Clovis.
With COMET STORM, revisit the moment of impact and the epic aftermath of this major event with mesmerizing 3-D computer animations. See the level of destruction a similar event would wreak on our modern world. And cross your fingers.