Mega Disasters: Dam Break DVD
SKU ID #70404
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: A&E Television Networks
This sobering episode reviews the deplorable current state of American dams and reveals the devastation their failure would bring.
- MEGA DISASTERS explores the worst of what could happen.
- Stunning computer graphics and actual footage combine to create convincing pictures of the risks faced by U.S. cities.
- Learn the stakes if critical dam maintenance isn't performed soon!
It has happened before, and it could happen again. What makes storms, earthquakes and other events into natural disasters is not how they occur, but where they strike.
MEGA DISASTERS asks the what ifs? no one ever wants to face. A masterful blend of actual footage, computer graphics and interviews with leading scientists and public safety experts explores the outer limits of what could happen if everything went wrong.
When the South Fork Dam near Johnstown, PA gave way in a storm in 1889, killing 2200 people, it was the worst disaster in U.S. history. Is another, much larger and deadlier dam failure in our future?
Modern dams are marvels of engineering but after decades of neglect the U.S. infrastructure is in crisis and by 2020, 85% of U.S. dams may be near their breaking point.
Today, with millions of Americans living nearby massive dams, the result of a failure could be catastrophic.
MEGA DISASTERS surveys the state of our dams and dramatically illustrates the horrific cost of a major DAM BREAK.