Mega Disasters: Mega Tsunami DVD
SKU ID #70378
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: May 6, 2008
8,000 years ago a very, VERY big wave event decimated the coasts of the Mediterranean. Relive the stunning event... and consider the unnerving possibilities of a repeat.
- MEGA DISASTERS explores the worst of what could happen.
- Waves taller than the Statue of Liberty have crashed to shore before. Could it happen again?
- Stunning graphics and actual footage combine to create convincing pictures of the risks we face.
It has happened before, and it could happen again. What makes storms, earthquakes and other events into natural disasters is not how they occur, but where they strike. MEGA DISASTERS asks the what ifs? no one ever wants to face. A masterful blend of actual footage, computer graphics and interviews with leading scientists and public safety experts explores the outer limits of what could happen if everything went wrong.
In 6,000 B.C., 8,000 years before the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, waves taller than the Statue of Liberty ravaged the coasts of the Mediterranean Sea, devastating ancient villages and killing untold numbers.
In this stunning MEGA DISASTERS episode, scientists piece together evidence of this awesome storm and reveal the face of this ancient tsunami for the first time. Your jaw will drop as 3-D computer generated animation recreates the massive waves that may have changed the course of history.