Mega Disasters: Tornado Alley Twister DVD
SKU ID #69669
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: May 16, 2006
What would happen if the Midwest's most powerful storms touched down in the heart of Dallas's downtown?
- Stunning computer graphics and actual footage combine to create convincing pictures of the risks faced by U.S. cities.
- See what could happen if a monster twister hit Dallas.
- MEGA DISASTERS explores the worst of what could happen.
It has happened before, and it could happen again. What makes storms, earthquakes and other events into natural disaster is not how they occur, but where they strike.
MEGA DISASTERS asks the what ifs no one ever wants to face. A masterful blend of actual footage, computer graphics and interviews with leading scientists and public safety experts explores the outer limits of what could happen if everything went wrong.
In 1999, a twister touched down in Oklahoma City. But this was not a typical Midwestern funnel cloud--it was a "Mega Tornado" with winds swirling at 318 miles per hour. It scoured the earth for 85 minutes along a 38-mile path, killing 43 people and causing hundreds of millions of dollars of damage.
TORNADO ALLEY TWISTER revisits that storm and then asks what would happen if a similar fate were to befall Dallas.
Through computer simulations and with the help of expert analysis, MEGA DISASTERS surveys the potential chaos: a death toll in the thousands and perhaps some $5 billion of damage.