Mega Movers: Locomotives DVD
SKU ID #69665
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: May 9, 2006
Giants from the age of steam roll again as the Mega Movers experts have some king-size fun with iron giants.
- Giants from the golden era of railroading steam again.
- The ultimate in heavy lifting.
- Engineers are put to the test relocating everything from 19th century churches to massive factories.
Leaving your home or office? Call the movers. But if you're the type who can't leave anything behind, you'll have to call in the MEGA MOVERS. Whether it's a 19th century church or a massive brick office building, there are few things our experts can't relocate. Of course, when it comes time to lift a structure from its foundations and head down the road (at a fraction of a mile an hour), every creak and groan can provide a vital clue, and a mistake of an inch could spell disaster.
Travel back to the golden age of railroads. A small town in the state of Washington is determined to save its cherished train depot from the wrecking ball. But time and Mother Nature have taken their toll on the aging structure. Will the old depot once again welcome tourists to the town of Morton? Meanwhile, in two Texas cities, we move two unique locomotives using two different methods--one used for more than 150 years, and another that's on the cutting edge. Watch as these giant locomotives roll again for the first time in half a century.