Military Tech DVD
SKU ID #68761
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: April 13, 2004
Relive the bloody battles that raged across the frontier and examine the weapons that played a pivotal role in America's westward expansion.
- Ride with the cavalry and re-examine their battles along the frontier.
- Learn the tales behind events like the Wagon Box fight of 1867.
- Visit the wreck of one of the German submarines sunk off the North Carolina coast.
After the Civil War, the military once again turned its attention to the west, which mostly meant protecting settlers from Native American raids and guarding the shifting borders of a swiftly growing nation.
MILITARY TECH saddles up for an exhilarating ride into the rough-and-tumble world of the Old West. See how weapons created for the War Between the States were put to use policing the frontier and get an up-close look at the cutting edge technologies of the late 19th century. From the world's most complete collections to the firing range, WILD WEST TECH spotlights every aspect of these important artifacts, and historians help document the encounters where they proved their worth, like Pancho Villa's raid and the Wagon Box fight of 1867, where 26 soldiers and six citizens held off 800 Sioux.