- Additional Details
- Format: Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: March 17, 2008
THE HISTORY CHANNEL® is baking up a mouthwatering, eye-opening episode devoted to this fundamental foodstuff.
- For over a decade, MODERN MARVELS has brought grand stories to life.
- The ultimate celebration and investigation of engineering excellence.
- So simple yet so versatile, bread is a sublime &151; even divine staple of our diets.
Celebrating ingenuity, invention and imagination brought to life on a grand scale, MODERN MARVELS® tells the fascinating stories of the doers, dreamers and sometime-schemers who created everyday items, technological breakthroughs and man-made wonders.
Flour and water, a little salt, maybe something to make it rise if you like, and you've got the main source of nourishment for half the world. Beyond the basics, though, there is an almost infinite variety to the ways we make and enjoy bread. From shapes to toppings, from frying to baking, from sacred ceremonies to snack time, bread can be adapted in as many ways as we can imagine.
MODERN MARVELS® examines every aspect of bread-making, which is equal parts science and art. Discover the multitudinous forms bread takes — bagels, baguettes and pitas, to name a few — and see the special relationship every culture has to its daily BREAD.
Can you smell what THE HISTORY CHANNEL® is toasting?