Modern Marvels: City Water Systems DVD
SKU ID #68631
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: June 15, 2004
Follow the flow from the reservoirs to the faucet, and meet the engineers who keep this vital system working.
- Follow the flow in cities like New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.
- Get the inside scoop on how 99% of Americans get their water.
- See what the next generation of water tech may bring.
When we turn on a faucet, we expect clean, pure water to flow out. We also expect our cities to provide ample water for industry, fighting fires, and cleaning streets. Public water supply systems in the United States serve about 267 million people--about 99 percent of the population--but most of us know little about the vast networks of aqueducts, pipes, and pumps that make this possible.
CITY WATER SYSTEMS examines how clean water gets to millions of taps in Chicago, New York City, and Los Angeles, as well as telling the colorful history of the water systems in those cities.
Along the way, MODERN MARVELS® documents the history of public water systems worldwide, from the time of the pharaohs to today. Finally, we'll get a glimpse of cutting-edge modern technologies, including a new state-of-the-art desalination plant in Tampa, Florida.