Modern Marvels Cowboy Tech DVD
SKU ID #69032
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: July 20, 2005
From old-time shoot-outs to a 21st century round-up, see how this iconic occupation has changed with the times.
- Get the scoop on the trademark boots, hats and saddles.
- See how modern cowboys deploy an arsenal of decidedly up-to-date tools.
- Ride the range and explode out of the chute with modern legends.
Today's cowboy plants one boot firmly in the traditions of the Old West and the other in the world of modern technology. MODERN MARVELS® examines cowboy technology starting with the great boom of the American cattle industry in the 19th century.
Learn how North American cowboys adopted and adapted saddles, ropes, spurs and other equipment originally developed by the Spanish. See how the invention of barbed wire revolutionized the cowboy's world. Step into the 21st century with today's cowboys, who use computer chips, retinal scans and DNA evidence to round up cattle rustlers, and high-tech digital-imaging devices to aid in shoeing horses. Take a ride on the new breed of mechanical steed, the ubiquitous ATV. And head to the rodeo, where today's cowboys utilize advanced theories of genetics and artificial insemination in an attempt to breed the perfect bucking bull.