Modern Marvels Distilleries 2 DVD
SKU ID #69864
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: October 11, 2006
Trot the globe in an intoxicating survey of the almost magical transformation of common ingredients into sublime spirits.
- For over a decade, MODERN MARVELS has brought grand stories to life.
- Learn the secrets behind four of the world’s most famous tipples.
- Includes expert commentary and historical perspective by Anthony Dias Blue (Bon Appetit).
Celebrating ingenuity, invention and imagination brought to life on a grand scale, MODERN MARVELS tells the fascinating stories of the doers, dreamers and sometime-schemers who created everyday items, technological breakthroughs and man-made wonders.
It's an art. It's a science. It's a wonderful marriage of vapor and water. From the elite to the illegal, the banned to the celebrated, the distillation of spirits is a 50 billion dollar a year business. Explore this miraculous process in tours of brandy, liqueur, moonshine, and absinthe distilleries to see the magic behind these great spirits. A trip to the Christian Brothers Distillery in northern California reveals the secrets of how brandy is made and observe a working moonshine still in the Deep South. Then it's off to France, to visit the Courvoisier Cognac distillery and the Jade Absinthe Distillery to see how this controversial drink is created.
Please enjoy this full-bodied DVD in moderation.