Modern Marvels Engineering Disasters 12 DVD
SKU ID #69077
You Save: $4.96 20% off
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-344-6336
- Additional Details
- Format: Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: November 9, 2004
The Texas A&M bonfire disaster and Denver's infamous airport luggage system are among the subjects featured in this illuminating hour.
- Experts examine the impact of high-profile disasters.
- Computer graphics, location footage and expert analysis reveal what went wrong.
- Learn of the fatal design flaw that contributed to the death of thousands of U.S. troops in World War II.
Successes are impressive, but failures often contribute more to our knowledge. Nowhere is this more evident than in engineering, where a simple miscalculation can prove disastrous, and it is almost impossible to hide the consequences.
MODERN MARVELS® returns to this sadly productive territory to examine the following five events: tap water contamination kills 104 people in Milwaukee; tradition turns tragic when a pep-rally bonfire collapses at Texas A&M University; World War II Sherman tanks had a fatal flaw that contributed to the death of thousands of troops; the sophisticated baggage system at Denver's new airport becomes a high-tech disaster; and a 1973 construction accident claims the lives of 26 workers.