- Additional Details
- Format: Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: December 23, 2004
Get the inside story behind Mexico's exploding streets, one of the first major oil spills, and an Italian mining disaster.
- MODERN MARVELS analyzes spectacular failures and overlooked accidents.
- Computer graphics, location footage and expert analysis reveal what went wrong.
- Hear from government investigators, private experts and survivors.
Chaos in Guadalajara, Mexico, when the city streets explode; an airplane crash outside of Paris that ranks as one of the worst in history; two mining dams in Italy collapse engulfing a village in a tidal wave of sludge; a generation of children in a small Texas town are entombed in the rubble of their school; an oil tanker runs aground off the coast of England and introduces the world to the devastation of the first super spill...
Engineering Disasters #16 delves into the shocking chain of events leading up to each of these horrific catastrophes and examines resulting technological improvements designed to prevent similar tragedies in the future.