Modern Marvels Harvesting 2 DVD
SKU ID #69904
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: November 29, 2006
Discover the often bizarre extremes to which food-handling technology has gone to deal with the incredible variety of the plants we eat.
- For over a decade, MODERN MARVELS has brought grand stories to life.
- The ultimate celebration and investigation of engineering excellence.
- From corn to mushrooms, every plant we eat requires ingenuity to get from earth to table.
Celebrating ingenuity, invention and imagination brought to life on a grand scale, MODERN MARVELS® tells the fascinating stories of the doers, dreamers and sometime-schemers who created everyday items, technological breakthroughs and man-made wonders.
In America's orchards and farm fields, the constant effort to supplement or replace hand labor with mechanization has produced dozens of efficient and sometimes bizarre harvesting methods. From fruit tree picking platforms to cranberry beaters and corn pickers, farmers constantly strive to speed the harvest.
In this succulent episode of MODERN MARVELS®, join an orchard manager and his ladder crew as they check fruit pressures and barometric readings. Visit California's largest fruit packing house and try to keep up with 10-fruit-per-second conveyors. Next, the corn fields of Nebraska and the cranberry marshes of central Wisconsin beckon. Finally, go underground to the world's largest mushroom farm where the harvest takes place in limestone caverns that run some 150 miles.
Bring a basket and your remote, the latest MODERN MARVELS: HARVESTING DVD is ripe for the picking. Enjoy!