Modern Marvels: St. Lawrence Seaway DVD
SKU ID #68612
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: September 15, 2004
Ride the 2,400 mile network of locks, lakes, canals, dams and rivers that connects North America's heartland to the Atlantic.
- The complete story of this vital commercial link.
- Hear from the engineers and workers who created this MODERN MARVEL.
- Extensive footage of the modern seaway's construction.
It is a monumental stairway in water, a 2,400-mile masterpiece of the engineer's art stretching from the North American heartland to the Atlantic Ocean. The longest inland waterway in the world, the St. Lawrence Seaway has existed for hundreds of years, but a massive five-year program during the '50s radically reshaped and expanded this vital link.
From the 16th-century French explorer Jacques Cartier to the Lost Villages created by flooding valleys during the '50s expansion, MODERN MARVELS® chronicles centuries of ambition and accomplishment surrounding the Seaway. Geologists detail the history of the St. Lawrence River Valley and the effects it had on the work, while ship captains invite us along for a ride through the myriad locks, dams, canals, man-made lakes and rivers that comprise the system. At every stop, another facet of the fascinating tale is revealed.